Vasotec medication is prescribed as an ACE inhibitor. ACE means angiotensin converting enzyme. ACE inhibitors are a class of drugs that work by decreasing certain chemicals that make blood vessels tighter. Vasotec, therefore, works to relax the blood vessels so that blood can flow more smoothly.
Uses of Vasotec
Vasotec medication is used to treat the following conditions:
– High blood pressure: Vasotec is used alone or in combination with other medications used to treat hypertension. It has blood pressure lowering effects and helps to prevent problems related with high blood pressure such as heart attack, stroke, and kidney problems.
– Heart failure: The medication is also used to treat symptomatic congestive heart failure. For this function, Vasotec is often used with diuretics and digitalis.
– Asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction: Patients suffering from left ventricular dysfunction can use Vasotec if they are clinically stable. The medication has been proven to decrease the rate of overt heart failure development.
How to buy and use Vasotec medication
You can buy Vasotec medication online from your trusted online pharmacy provided you’ve enough information about the drug’s use or if you have been directed by a physician buy the drug on your own.
Once the medication is delivered, check to ensure that it’s packaged appropriately and the seal is intact. Never take drugs that seem to have been tampered with. Vasotec medication is taken orally with or without food once or twice per day. For maximum benefits, use Vasotec as per the doctor’s prescription; until you finish the dose and at the same time(s) of the day.
Keep the container tightly closed after each time you take the drug and store it at room temperature always away from moisture and direct heat. DO NOT keep the medication in the bathroom or anywhere else children and pets can reach it.
Vasotec medication SHOULD NOT BE USED if:
– The patient is pregnant. If a woman gets pregnant while taking Vasotec, she should inform the doctor immediately. Vasotec can injure the unborn baby or cause its death.
– The patient is taking medication containing aliskiren (Amturnide, Tekamlo, Tekturna, Valturna) – used by people with diabetes
– The patient has a history of angioedema
Vasotec contains inactive ingredients that cause allergies. Before using Vasotec, talk with your doctor about your medical history. Tell the doctor if you’ve ever had an allergic reaction to Vasotec, any other ACE inhibitor, or other allergies. Other important issues to inform the doctor about include histories of blood filtering procedures such as dialysis, collagen vascular disease, or high level of potassium in the blood.
The use of Vasotec can cause dizziness. While using it, don’t drive or operate machinery that requires full-time alertness.
Side effects of Vasotec use
Patients using Vasotec medication mostly report coughing, dizziness, muscle weakness and rashes as the side effects of the medication. Other patients report more serious side effects such as swelling of different parts of the mouth, swelling of eyes and limbs, difficulty swallowing and/or breathing, yellowing of the eyes or skin, signs of infections such as fever, chills and sore throat, fainting, and lightheadedness. A doctor’s attention should be sought immediately these serious side effects are experienced.
Vasotec is available at cheap prices at online pharmacies. Wherever you are, you can order Vasotec online at the comfort of your home. Your order will be shipped in a timely manner so that you can receive the medication when you need it.